We honor God when we love and serve others. We bring glory to His name when we reach out to those who are less fortunate. When you become a Christian, service is not an option!
- Douglas Methodist Church has been serving the evening meal at the Glory Hole homeless shelter on the 2nd Tuesday of the month for well over twenty years.
- For about the last fourteen or fifteen years, the church has sponsored a Breakfast Program at Gastineau Elementary School each school morning. Oatmeal, milk and peanut butter bread is provided by donations from the congregation and the community and is served to about 75 kids. On some days over 88 kids have been fed!
- Beginning in October 2014, the church, within its Feed the Hungry program, is providing weekend backpack meals for selected at-risk kids at Gastineau Elementary School each Friday.
- We are in mission to the hungry and homeless and share food from the Lord’s bounty. Douglas Methodist Church has a Food Pantry, again, run on donations from the congregation, and last year approximately 185 bags of food were provided.
We are a mission oriented church, whether it be locally or beyond, and Douglas Community United Methodist Church continues to be a hub of community activity!
· Boy Scouts (Church sponsored)
· Crossroads Recovery Group
· Douglas Community Tuba Christmas Concert
The church also sponsors the Douglas Senior Center and provides space for Southeast Senior Services to serve lunch for citizens age 60 and over each Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00 Noon until 1:00 pm. Phone 364-3161 during these hours for more information.