We honor God when we love and serve others. We bring glory to His name when we reach out to those who are less fortunate. When you are a Christian, service is not an option!
- Douglas Methodist Church has been serving the evening meal at the Glory Hole homeless shelter on the 2nd Tuesday of the month for well over twenty years.
- For about the last eighteen years, the church has sponsored a Breakfast Program at Gastineau Elementary School each school morning. On some days over 88 kids have been fed!
- Since October 2014, the church, within its Feed the Hungry program, is providing weekend backpack meals for selected at-risk kids at Gastineau Elementary School each Friday.
- We are in mission to the hungry and homeless and share food from the Lord’s bounty. Douglas Methodist Church has a Food Pantry, run on food and monetary donations from the congregation, and last year approximately 185 bags of food were provided. The Food Pantry is no longer supported through the Feed the Hungry Grant, so we need your support!
We are a mission oriented church, whether it be locally or beyond, and Douglas Community United Methodist Church continues to be a hub of community activity!
· Boy Scouts (Church sponsored)
The church also provides space for the Douglas Senior Center allows Southeast Senior Services to serve lunch for citizens age 60 and over each Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00 Noon until 1:00 pm. Phone 364-3161 during these hours of operation for more information.